- Wood Selection. The first step on to ensuring a quality finish is to select the finest quality wood. Candlelight's wood is “select” grade, chosen for color and grain uniformity
- White Wood Sanding. After machine sanding, each part is individually hand sanded on a bench one at a time. This process allows us to take the time necessary to achieve a true custom quality finish. All cross grain marks are removed and a rich smooth finish is achieved.
- Staining. At Candlelight, we carefully hand apply our oil base wiping stain. Then each part is thoroughly hand wiped and rubbed to bring out the rich beauty of our woods.
- Sealer Application. Suspended from our conveyor line, each part passes through our sealer booth. Here, each part is individually sprayed with a heavy coat of our specially formulated sealer. This hand spraying process allows us to apply extra sealer on open end grains to ensure proper coverage.
- Sealer Sanding. After allowing time for cooling, each part is removed from the conveyer and placed on our sealer sanding bench. Here each part is individually sanded until we have achieved a silky smooth texture. This will ensure our quality Candlelight finish.
- Application of Top Coat. Finally, we apply the final coat of conversion varnish which gives the Candlelight product that smooth feel. That is why we encourage you to “Feel the Warm Glow of Candlelight.”
Watch this video for a more in-depth look at Candlelight Cabinetry's Finishing Process
Custom Color Paint Service
Even with 85 custom color combinations to choose from, it's possible that you still won't see exactly what you want — so we invite you to create your own perfect shade of paint. Candlelight's Custom Color service gives you the freedom to express your individual style with a one-of-a-kind color palette for your painted kitchen cabinets. Simply submit a color sample from any paint manufacturer (or get really creative, and make your own paint sample by mixing colors and painting them onto a piece of white cardboard). In two to three weeks, a sample color-match door will be provided for your approval.